Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Day Before The Big Day...Hopefully!

Jason has been very busy the past 2 days making decisions & plans for the rest of the week. Inna & Vitali's passports were not available today, so he has another day in the main city of Zhytomyr. We are very hopeful that the passports will be ready tomorrow morning and that tomorrow afternoon will be "The Big Day" that Inna & Vitali will come out of the orphanage forever. If the passports ARE ready in the morning, then Jason & Sergey will drive to "Big Novo" that afternoon to get the kids and then head to Kiev to finish out process there. If everything goes on schedule, then he will be able to fly out of Ukraine to be home on Saturday...YEA!!!! He did have to change his flight though because all the flights leaving out from Ukraine to NY to Atl were booked for Sat, Sun, Mon, and had one seat on Tues. So, after checking into any other options today, they found him a flight from Kiev to Czech Republic to Atl for Saturday. The bad news is that he will not be going through NY anymore for Grant & I to meet up with him there, so we had to change those plans too. So, now my dad...known on the blog as "Yo Daddy" and my step-mom, Pat are going to drive us to Atlanta in their mini-van (So that we will all have a seat for everyone on the way back) and we will meet Jason in the Atl airport and we will all ride back to P-ville together where I am sure Jason will probably take advantage of much needed rest.
We are very exited of thought of Inna & Vitali hopefully leaving with Papa tomorrow! Inna's Gigi (my mom) sent bead bracelets for Inna to give each of her friends in her group before she leaves the orphanage tomorrow for them to remember her by and we also packed notecards, envelopes, and stamps to give her best friends to be sure that they would be able to write her. I know that it will be a huge transition and I wish we could just take them all with us :), but I know that Inna really wants to be in a family and that the Lord will help her & Vitali through the transition.

I asked Jason if he wanted me to tell you anything specific and he just wanted to ask you to pray for some specific things if you would:
1. That the passports would be done by tomorrow.
2. That there will be a smooth transition taking them out of the orphanage and the days ahead.
3. Medicals/Visa's
4. Flight Home
By the way...he is still reading all of the blog, but from a timed internet cafe, which doesnt allow him enough time to post.
Hoping to have good news to share tomorrow!
Thanks for all your prayers!
Mel & Jason

8 comments:

TrishGastineau said...

It's almost like waiting for Christmas to come! I'm like a little kid that knows it's almost here....Yeah!
***Jason, I will be praying for those specific things that you mentioned.

Faith said...

Melanie,
I was just reading your post and was so touched. I recently found out that I was adopted, and I feel so amazed by parents who go through so much to have their children. I think adoption is such a wonderful picture of how Christ loves us. Thank you so much for following Christ's example and loving your children like you do. It is such a huge sacrificial love that you have. Be blessed and know that all will work out in His grace.
love,
Faith

Anonymous said...

Jason, one word..."ZALAD!"

Connie said...

Am definitely praying for you and your family during this time!

(Connie - Delighted mom of two 'Siberian princesses'!)

niki said...

At least I beat yo daddy-way to go pinky! Hang in there Jason-you are almost there. Give Inna and Vitali and big hug and kiss from Aunt Niki.Mel, give Grant a big hug and kiss from me too!

Anonymous said...

We're so excited we just did the Charlie Brown dance in the living room. Yippee!

Anonymous said...

I'm on pins and needles. Jason, I hope everything is working out
ok. I know you can't wait to get home with the kids. Grant's doing a great job of taking care of Mom while you're gone. That should relieve a lot of worry on your part. Love to all, Dad

TrishGastineau said...

You guys have been on my mind and in my prayers all day. We prayed for your family today at school...I told all the kids about what you're family is doing and they thought it was great.