Sunday, January 25, 2009

Never A Dull Moment!

I actually started typing this post a few weeks ago and never got to finish it until now. Every week there seems to be so many fun things that happen that I could put on the blog that sometimes it is hard to choose what to cut out Like the time that we were going down the road and Inna saw a Goody's going out of business sign "Everything is 40-60% off" and she insisted that those people needed help- that they had a sign telling us that they had not eaten in 40-60 days :) or times like when all of our children are in the doctor's office with strep and I am trying to stand and talk to the doctor and they decide to sneak up on me and each grab a leg and hold me in the air where I cannot get down, so I end up having my discussion with the doctor elevated in the air while the doc laughs...In other words...just pray for me, haha! :) But, a really cool thing that happened recently was when Grant was studying about missionaries in his book for church on Wed nights and he came up to me and said, "Mama, I was thinking that maybe we should write a letter to Lina at the orphanage and tell her about Jesus and then make 300 copies for the rest of the orphanage. So, the next day, I saw Grant and Inna sitting at my desk looking really serious and working on something...I wasnt sure what at the time until they came out to me and said, "We need a picture of Jesus...can you print one off the internet for us". So I did and they pasted it to their letter and showed it to me. Here is the amazing thing to me...We have had to hire a translator for Inna to write her letters to the orphanage lately as she has forgotten a lot of her Ukrainian language. Well, she and Grant went in that room and she all the sudden remembered how to write in Ukrainian to write this letter. She came out and read it to me and said it tells about Jesus and tells them to read the Bible to find out more. We sent the letter and I did not make 300 copies as I didnt know if they would allow it there, but who knows maybe it will get passed around a little bit. The pic to the right is the letter.

I am trying to add a video of each kid before the one year mark, so here is a video of Vitali. In the video, you will hear him call himself Vitalik (This is also his name in Ukrainian and sometimes calls himself this too) From what I understand, when you put the k on the end, it is like saying Vitali, my darling in Ukrainian. You will also he that he loves to flip...he hasnt ever had gymnastics, but we hope to be able to start that soon and put some of that energy and loving to flip to good use :) Sorry about the lighting in the video...it is not as easy to see...I'll know what to do for next time :) Oh yeah, you'll have to turn off the music at bottom of screen to hear....

The song that I am putting on the blog this time is one of Vitali's favorites. He asks me to sing "the hold hand" song at bedtime at night and we sing the chorus and whenever we are singing it, he makes sure we hold hands until it is over.

Grant and Inna were baptized this past Sunday and it was a very joyous day for them and us! I will share more about that with a few pics on next post.

Comments: Ukrainiac~ Thanks for your kind words and you are right it is kind of like walking in Ukraine, except we don't pass any of those beautiful cathedrals. I was looking back at the picture that I took of the pathway covered with trees lined up on each side the day that I walked from your church by myself to meet Jason and Grant who had gone ahead of me to TGIF and was thinking of how beautiful that walk was that day (long, cold walk, but worth it :) Hope to see ya soon!

Alan~ Thanks for sharing about how you celebrate "Gotcha Day"...I love to hear from other adoptive parents.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Melanie! I just got your comment on our blog. I would love to "chat" with you a little bit about how your transition is going. I know our daughters are a couple of years apart but it sounds like they may have some life experiences in common. I checked your blog for your email address but didn't see it. If you would like, could you email me at michelleparas01@aol.com?