Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beach Trip

Over Spring Break, I decided to take the kids to the Beach for what was going to be a day trip until my sweet grandmother (Meme) decided that she wanted to pay for us to stay overnight and we had a great time! This was the first time that Inna and Vitali had ever seen the beach and they LOVED it! I drove the 3 kids, Tiff, and we asked my mom (Gigi) to hop in with us last minute and she joined the party! Jason decided that the best way he could enjoy this time was to have the house all to himself since it doesnt happen much :) and so he opted to enjoy the quiet at home and join us on our next beach trip. On the way there, the kids just kept getting more excited the closer we got to being there. Inna kept saying..."I feel like I have been to the beach before because I have imagined it in my mind". Then, we past over the bridge over the bay and it almost took her breath away...she thought it was so beautiful. Vitali kept saying, "I have never been to the beach". (By the way, this is his new thing to say I have never..."I have never had a b-day party" "I have never...the list goes on and on to the point of even stuff like driving down the road and he will say "Mama, mama, mama, mama...I have never ridden in that car (meaning the car beside us on the road)...see what I mean, this list could go on forever. Ok, back to the beach...Inna was so excited when we finally arrived at Destin that she ran through the sand and plunged straight in the water even though it was FREEZING cold! She laughed and splashed and splashed like Vitali did when he first had a bath. She swam for hours and never seemed to realize that it was freezing water. She was having so much fun that the other kids all decided to join her...even Tiff. I asked Grant later if he thinks he would have ever got in the water if Inna didnt that day and he said, "No"...that he would have thought it was too cold, but instead he had a blast that day! The best part was that I just realized how therapeutic being there at the beach was for Inna and Vitali and really all of us, but I really could tell how enjoying one of God's most beautiful creations was such a healing experience for Inna. Later that night, we went out to eat and had more fun as there was a band playing some Jimmy Buffet type songs and the dance floor was completely empty and they had hoola hoops spread out, so we all danced and hoola hooped for probably an hour or more and had so much fun! Tiff, Grant, and Inna had some awesome hoola hoop tricks going on. The guys on the stage when they paused between songs even said, "Man, that is so cool" and started requesting tricks, haha! We wanted to take pics of this, but our camera wouldnt work with the lighting. We did get some beach pics though...





7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I can't wait for all the firsts with my twins.

Was it Destin FL? If so, we are less than 2 hours east. Stopped there on our way home from Pensacola Saturday.

Stephanee&Zach said...

Wow! What an awesome trip. I can't wait to take our girls to the beach in June - they too have never seen it. We are driving to Rosemary Beach (just past Destin). Come visit us if you can!!!

Nini Brown said...

Hey Melanie - I've been following your blog and love the updates! My friends are home now from Ukraine and adjusting to a whole new life. I hope in a year's time they can see the same progress your family has seen in a year's time. Say hi if you have a chance - hope you have a good week.
love, Denise Brown in Huntsville

rachel said...

hey mel!
thanks for your sweet message! we are having so much fun with all of the planning! It's great to hear from you.... think about you guys often and love seeing your updates here.. the beach lloks like a real treat for everyone!! :)

alan said...

First time things are always the best. Sounds like things have fallen into place for you all.
Enjoy the post's
Das ve danya!
alan

Kevin and Tammy said...

What fun. We are also going to Virginia Beach at the end of May for two weeks. We will spend four days in Washington, DC. The kids are very excited. I have to say that this adoption thing has been harder than I ever expected. It is definately not or the week at heart. Or the non-believer. We would not have made it through these first seven months without God's amazing grace. Your kids have also changed so much. They look so happy together.
Tammy

Deb said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad that you all had a good time. I know that this is another milestone that they will remember forever.