Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!!!

Happy Easter to everyone back home! It is not Easter in Ukraine until mid April, so we may get to celebrate twice :) We celebrated today at church with Dr. Jim and Marianna Peipon. It was a beautiful service and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The sermon was on Hebrews 11. One of our favorites that we needed a good reminder of! We are taking things, not one day at a time, but one moment at a time :) Thank you for all your encouraging comments and emails, they mean so much!!! I will respond to these later. By the way, I need to tell you that if you send an email to our knology account it may be a while before I can respond to it because it is not working for me to send out, but I am getting yours. More later, but for now a post from Grant....


This is at a pizza parlor here in Ukraine.

I quote from Grant:

"Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are having fun today. Have a good Easter! We are having a fun time in Ukraine and it is really exciting, but in Ukraine Easter is in April. Their food is o.k. here. We have a big apartment. The television is Ukrainian. My favorite place in Ukraine is McDonalds. That is all I want to say for now. I will blog another time."
Love~ Grant

Now, Jason wants in to so I am playing secretary and typing for him also.
I quote from Jason:

" Mark and Pam G. thank you for the sending the Folger's individual packs of coffee with us. That is the best coffee in Ukraine! To all the coffee lovers, let me explain the coffee here. If you ask for coffee, it comes in a minature tea cup with a shot of expresso. If you ask for "Americano" coffee, it comes in a normal sized coffee mug with a shot of expresso and then they give you seperately a small piture of hot water and you mix the two together and make your coffee. Mike Bailey, if you are reading, your driving would fit in perfectly here. When I am riding in a car here, I usually keep my eyes closed! When crossing the street, you better be running! My favorite food here is TGIF in Kiev...there is only one and we have to walk a long way to get there, but it is worth it!!! We have done A LOT of walking everywhere. When our facilitator is not with us in Kiev, we may have to walk a ways to get food or anything!!! We get excited reading the comments...thanks for them!
That's all for now, will post later!

Here are a few more pics...
1. The Opera House in Ukraine
2. Jason & Mel in the entrance of our new flat
3. A pink convertable Ferarri (Sp?) that we thought was cool
4. Looking out our new flat window




18 comments:

niki said...

HAPPY EASTER TO THE HALL CLAN!
You all look great! I'ts so good
to hear from you. The pix are great-Grant looks like he was enjoying eating that pizza!
Many blessings in the days ahead.
Enjoy your time together-We love and miss you.........

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you; even though you are probably tired your pictures look good and cheerful which makes us feel better. I print your post and give to Muh; she took the last one to the beauty shop on Friday; she said when she got under the hair dryer she had to cry. Even though we aren't there with you every word touches us. Love you and hope this next week will be a better one. What happened to Grant's tooth--didn't see a snaggletooth?

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter To You All!
Wish you were here. Everybody is coming over for dinner...Even Doug, El Train, JD, and Kiki. I got up at 5:00 this morning to put chickens in the electric smoker. When I checked on them at 9:00, I found I had turned the smoker off instead of on. The chickens are now history...in file 13. Oh well at least we can eat Easter Eggs. Grant since you're not here, I guess I will have to eat your easter candy. We love you all.
Dad

Kay said...

kay
Happy Easter from Alabama!!! Thank you for the new pictures. Ya'll look great! I know it was a tough week but hopefully the next week will be better. Thinking of you always. Love to all.

Julie said...

Hey Mel, Jason & Sweet boy Grant! Happy Easter! I'm so glad that I've been able to follow you all during your journey. Through reading your blogs you continue to remind me how awesome and powerful God's love is. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Your new addition will be very blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for worshiping with us this morning...and for letting us join you at McDonald's. What a precious family. Your outlook and attitude is quite amazing considering all the "stuff" coming at you at once. Your faith in God and HIS plan is shining through you. Praying with you on this roller coaster...

Anonymous said...

Muh asked me to let you know that she told everybody at church last week about your traveling to the Ukraine to adopt and that it would be a long process. She said today at church the preacher had added you to their prayer list. She wanted you to know that everybody here is thinking of you. (tj)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if Jason would do a cartwheel behind a reporter...maybe it would end up you.tube!!! Bryan reminded me of the Biscuit Game the other day...just trying to spread the love...

Jacob said...

Those photos are sooo beaur-ti-ful!

joannapaige said...

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!! CJ had a blast searching for eggs...his new way -- step on the egg & if it is plastic it will crack open -- he then takes the candy & leaves the egg! If it is real --- well, you can just imagine! After a few eggs he was done & he was ready to play. We love the new pictures & enjoyed seeing all that is going on with you guys there! We love you!!!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Happy Easter! Wanted to introduce ourselves as a blog reader and fellow adoptive family! We adopted from Ukraine last summer and are hoping to return again this year to bring home another child. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

GiGi a.k.a said...

Grant, that smile looks Ukrainian...lol Especially the eyes. Hope you made a happy plate! Wasn't much egg hunting around here except for Max's ...droppings while GiGi slept. He is being a good boy. I'm glad you all were able to get into another flat, and grateful for Marianne and Dr.Jim's showing Christ love in their home. I love you all. GiGi

Anonymous said...

Hey - If you haven't already done this, you might want to look at getting a tour of Kiev. Our in-region facilitator, Victor, was also a travel agent/tour guide. You might check with S and see if he can hook you up with Victor if you're interested in a tour. We really enjoyed it - took up a good part of a day so that helped with the waiting :).

susan said...

Enjoyed your Easter email. We had a great service, worship was awesome, I missed yall! Tiffany came Saturday night and was doing good. Lee and his girl friend, Laura Ashley came Friday and Sat., we had a good visit, you would love her.
Grant, I'm glad you like the Ukraine, do McDonald hamburgers and nuggets taste the same? Buddy says ruf, ruf, (hello Grant).
Jason, I made a whole pot of coffe for Jimmie this morning, wish you could have some!
We love you,
Susan

Jana said...

Jason, Melanie, and Grant,
Hi!! I am glad to know things are going o.k. I know waiting is not easy. I am happy to know you are hanging out with some other Alabama folks. I know that helps. I am praying for you and will try to call tomorrow. Hang in There!! Tell Grant Gideon said Hello.
Take Care, Jana

MICHELLE said...

You all look so great! Peyton and Mary Gracen love Grant's story! Especially when he reads with his southern draw! We are still praying for you! We love you and miss you!

Jana said...

Hey Jason and Melanie,
I hope you are doing well today!! I understand you are experiencing some snow!!! I hope Grant is having fun. What a great experience. I am praying for all of you. I have tried to call several times today, but have not been able to get through. I will try again tomorrow.
Take Care,
Jana

niki said...

Thinking of you :)