Monday, March 17, 2008

SDA Appointment

We had our appointment today! It was very emotionally draining, but we left with peace about the referral that was chosen. We were shown files of several children with pretty severe health issues and had a decision of whether we were going to accept one of the files chosen. Just so you know, the medical information on the files are pretty vague, with basically just the diagnosises and then you find out the details of it when you visit the orphanage. Jason and I made a decision to accept one of the referrals to visit. She is an almost 3 yr old little girl and we feel good about the decision. There are a few health issues in question for her and we will have a doctor that will be traveling with us to confirm any diagnosises. We will be traveling to the Donetsk Region where her orphanage is by train tomorrow night with the doctor and nanny that will keep Grant for us on the first orphanage day. The train ride is supposed to be approximately 10 hrs overnight. Thank you for all your prayers...we definitely sensed that God was with us during the appointment. Jason and I made a quick decision together in complete unity. There were a few things that seemed to be signs to us of things that only we had talked about previously and they were mentioned on her referral and this made her referral stand out above the rest to us. This is exactly what we had prayed for and this gave us peace about visiting her. We do not know what is ahead, but are confident that God is faithful and has us on this journey for a reason! I will try to post tomorrow before we leave out again. Guess, I will be re organizing and packing again :)

By the way, Grant is STILL on Alabama time...actually, we all woke up at 1:00 a.m. and could not sleep for anything and carried on conversation and laughed like it was daytime. Lord help us!!!

Well, we are about to go out with our facilitator and another couple that is adopting that we just met. They live in Birmingham.
Talk soon!
Mel

9 comments:

niki said...

You're in my prayers-I'm so glad everything is going so smoothly.

Jerry and Amanda said...

We are praying that all goes well when you meet this little girl! We completely understand the emotions involved. Hang in there-the jet lag ends soon!! We hope that you have a safe a pleasant trip to your region!

It was wonderful to meet you all today! We hope to hear from you soon!

Your friends in Ukriane-
Jerry and Amanda Hood

GiGi a.k.a said...

Tears came to my eyes when thinking we could be blessed once again with another child. I can be slow sometimes. When Mel was born I knew that I would have a boy named Jason...lol Then I saw her and said how could I have ever wanted a boy. And now we think Jason and Melanie were probably in the baby nursery together. Six days apart, and hospital stay was around 7 days back then. There is so much that God has blessed us with, especially each other. Thank you Jesus for keeping all children close to your heart. Their answer will be yours I know, for you brough them together in your love, and unity. Still wondering if Grant has lost a toofie or two...lol By know they should all be wiggling! He's a growing boy... Hugs and Kisses, GiGi

Kevin and Krista said...

Just wanted you to know that I was reading adoption blogs in the middle of the night last night (never nap from 5:30 - 8!) and I realized that you were in your appointment while I was reading your blog. It was about a half hour into your appointment and I just bowed my head and prayed that God would give you wisdom as your had likely been shown the referrals by then and were probably thinking them over. I hope she is the one and that you know it as soon as you meet her. :)

I know we don't know eachother but us PAPs have to stick together. :)

In Him,
Krista

Anne said...

Melaine, Jason and Grant,

What a wonderful journey for all of you. Thank you for sharing it all with us. We are thinking of you and keeping you in out prayers.

Anne & Versal

David & Elaine said...

This is so exciting! We love getting your updates. We really do feel like we are right there with you.

Hugs to all!
David & Elaine

Anonymous said...

We're so excited we can hardly stand it. I get choked up a little every time I think about it. I know God's hand is upon you. Keep following His leading and you can't go wrong. This so wonderful how He is blessing our family through your love.
Love to you all, Dad.

Susan Harper said...

Did you get the email I sent. I just had to sign up on google so I'm not sure it went. Just in case I will shorten what I said. Praying constantly! Miss you very much! Can't wait to here about your visit with the little girl. Tiffany did great this weekend!

Susan Harper said...

I see now that you did not get the first blog I sent but now I know what I'm doing.

How is the weather there? Tiffany and Kayla vaccumed and washed the Tahoe. I think your going to enjoy Tiffany driving for errands and stuff.
Gotta go but will log on often. Have a great train ride.