Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back in Kiev

From Grant: Hello. Hope you are having fun! I watched Shrek 2 again today. We are at the Peipon's house and ate dinner and having a good time. Something neat about their house is that Bible Man's nephew has spent the night here in the same room I am sleeping in. We (Mommy, Daddy, & Grant) got lost walking to McDonald's today and we had a very long walk.

From Jason & Mel:
Hi~ We made it back to Kiev and had only one flat tire along the way :) Our facilitator and Jason were very proud that they changed it so quickly and we were back on the road again in no time (I think they must have been timing themselves :) Anyway, our biggest news today is that we have a court date for next Tuesday!!!! After the court date, we will be able to share more info about the kids and share some pics. But, a little info for now is that one of them is a little boy who just turned 4 yrs old last week and the other is a little girl who is 10 yrs old. They are brother/sister, but in 2 different orphanages and have never met. We will be traveling back to the small town we were in in a couple of days and will also have our court date in that town on Tuesday. We look forward to sharing more with you as we can.
Also, Grant has decided that he really likes blogging as you can see above and if you get a chance to go to the Peipon's blog, you will find a pic of Grant that Marianna posted from our dinner with them last night at a Mexican restaraunt (How cool is that a mexican rest. in Ukraine?) and she let him post on her site. http://ukrainiac.wordpress.com/
Post again soon!
Mel

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious...I know that there's a mandatory 10 wait...Will that start the day of the court appearance?

Anonymous said...

I meant to type "10 day waiting period"

So sorry..

Tina Tidwell said...

Getting them once they're potty trained and sleep through the night...you've got this figured out!

I'm so glad y'all are finally making progress! We'll be praying for a very successful court date Tuesday and a quick return home.

niki said...

YEAH!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that all systems are moving FORWARD! Grant is going to be a great big brother AND a great little brother. With awesome parents!

Anonymous said...

It was great to talk to you yesterday. Grant,I saw your blog on the Doc's blogspot, and enjoyed reading every bit of it, and that was a great picture of the hat...I meant of you. Mel, I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

Lot's of folks are praying for a refreshing for all of you, and wisdom to make the right decisions, and to complete your journey in God's will.

Lot's of love from us all,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Grant, so,you are getting hooked on blogging. thats great! nanny isn't even used to e-mailing yet.you are a very smart fellow.it will be good to have you and the family back home again. i have a sandbox big as a single bed ! I say it's for our grandchildren,but secretly i've always wanted a sandbox as big as the beach. can hardley wait to meet your brother and sister. nanny has one brother and it is really special.i've always thought my brother was the best there is,however ibet your brother and sister will think the same about you!!!!! you make a great superman too. love you a lot!

susan said...

Glad to hear from you all. Grant, what do you eat at McDonalds?
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! It's Josh G.(and Mom) we're missing you so much and missing wed night dinner. (I'm kinda rusty when it comes to the music) We can't wait to see you and the new kids. We have been praying and will continue to do so. Props for the blog, Josh is impressed!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, We have been checking daily and keeping up with all that has been going on with you over there. So sorry that you have had some rough times and times of not feeling well. Melanie, glad to hear that you are feeling better. We are so excited for you. Finally looks like things are moving along. I just knew you were coming home with 2 new additions to the family. Our Wednesday night class is slim, but doing good. The kids sure do miss you guys.
Austin: To Grant- I hope you are having a good time over there. I hope you have a good time on the plane on the way back. I hope you like your brother and sister allot.
McKayla: To Grant- Are you getting to play with your brother and sister? I hope you have fun with them. I miss you!
We will continue to pray for things to go smoothly and quickly and for a safe return home.
Corrie and kids

GiGi a.k.a said...

PTL...We are so excited about the children. Think I'm going to wash some of Grant's old clothes for 4 yr. old. They may fit. I thought you might give them to Goodwill??? Grant, Max is still answering phone and barking. Only God knows who has called this house. He thinks I'm Mommie in the mornings. Soon as I get out of bed he thinks I'm headed for computer to work...lol He is trying to play with Dil at the moment and she is whinning for him to leave her alone. Think I've fallen into a dog and cats world. Tiff said hello along with Meme. Caleb's doing great, and Jacob I haven't heard from but could be in Egypt. I can't wait to hear all the stories when you get back. See you all soon, luv ya, GiGi

Aimee said...

Jason, Mel, and Grant:
My name is Carlton Weathers, pastor of Grace Fellowship Church in Jacksonville, Al. You do not know me but our church is praying for your family! God sent your family to us through Lifeline, and by his grace we have gladly met your need for adoption support. We believe it is God's will that these children come home with you, and we are excited about meeting you very soon. Also, my wife and I are currently waiting for a SN referal from China. We hope to be off on the journey to Lily soon! I hope you know that we are praying for you. My contact is cweathers@gracefellowshipcc.org. E-mail any time.

Carlton Weathers

joannapaige said...

Mel,Jason, & Grant,

YEA!!!! We are so excited and can't wait to meet everyone!

See you all soon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Emma is 7 today! I can't believe it...We'll never forget her 1st birthday with the Grant incident...