Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The New Halls!

Meet Vitali~



Meet Anna~




We are so excited to finally get to share pics with you! Thanks for all the Congrats, prayers, and sharing in the excitement with us! Even though we have not always had the chance to respond back to each comment, we have loved hearing from each one of you...friends, family, fellow Alagasco employees, friends/fam of The Hoods, other adoptive families, and so many more.........we have cherished each message! The process is here in Ukraine is not over yet and we will continue to blog even at home and back in Ukraine again :) We have so many pics to share too! Today, it is rainy and cold in Ukraine. We have been at the American Embassy today taking care of paperwork and everything went real smoothly there. There were lots of people standing in the wind and rain waiting on applying for Visa's to go to America, but we didnt have to get in that line today thank God. We got to go straight through and take care of our paperwork!
Well, tomorrow we fly out of Ukraine back to Alabama to continue with our plans that I shared on the earlier post. Our flight leaves out at 10:50 a.m. Ukrainian time and will go to JFK and then to Atl. Our total flight time will be 14 hrs and then a 2 hr lay over in New York. We will arrive in Atlanta at around 7:40 p.m. if everything stays on schedule. (Although still a long flight...we gain time this time in Alabama...YEA!) In my mind, I already have on a tank top and flip flops! In Grant's mind, he is already eating at Longhorn Steakhouse, In Jason's mind...he can't believe it is reality until we actually step foot in Alabama! We will post to let everyone know that we made it safely!!
Luv~ Jason, Mel, & Grant

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so precious. I mean go-eh-jus!. I can't wait to give 'em a big Papaw hug, and I'll be glad to give y'all one too.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant. I like your new brother and sister, Vitali and Anna. I can't wait to see you, Grant and Vitali and Anna at church.

Anonymous said...

The kids are beautiful! I am so excited for you guys. I'll be praying for that long flight tomorrow and that everything goes well. Before you know it, you'll be coming home with Anna and Vitali! YEAH!
Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Melanie, Jason, & Grant: we've been praying diligently for you for the entire journey (just couldn't leave a comment from our home computer). God is so Awesome & He has chosen the cutest kids to complete your family! How awesome is it that they even look like y'all! Prayers for a safe flight home & that Anna & Vitali will feel God's comfort while their parents are away.
Jessica & Todd Justice

Connie said...

Ahhhh, the priceless photos! Both very precious faces!! Congrats!

TrishGastineau said...

Hello Halls! What a wonderful day! Three kids now...I think that Anna looks like Grant! ;)
It will be so great when you can get back over there and bring those babies home to their great big extended family here in Alabama. Have a safe trip home!

Dave said...

Beautiful kiddos. Congrats!
Gina

GiGi a.k.a said...

I'm so happy all of this is about to end to start another journey with 2 more beautiful children. Meme is sitting here with me reading all of the blogs, and is excited as well. Tiff too. I know when you get home you will need to adjust getting back so get some rest. Grant, Meme said waffles and chicken fingers are waiting for you as she bought some today. We love you all...Thank you Lord for what you are doing in all our lives with so many blessings. Love you much, GiGi

niki said...

Tell Jason he is one step closer to a nachos bellgrande! I know Grant will enjoy seeing his friends at school-I am praying for a safe trip-Hope there is a good movie on the plane! :)

Anonymous said...

They are BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! So very happy for you ALL!!!
Love,
The Taylors

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH they are BEAUTIFUL!! The first thing I said when I saw Anna was, "She looks like GRANT!!" What an awesome site! My heart is so full with joy and happiness for you guys. All I can think to say is GOD IS SO GOOD! Can't wait to see you again! Love, Krissie

Anonymous said...

Thank you God. Can't wait to see you all.

David & Elaine said...

I agree with Krissie - Anna looks so much like Jason! The pictures are gorgeous but we are anxious to see Anna & Vitali in person! Won't be long now!

Hugs all around!!
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Come on HOME!!!!!!!

The other MEME

Julie said...

I am writing this with tears in my eyes........I am so HAPPY for you guys. They are both beautiful. I am praying for a safe trip, the time until you can bring them home goes by fast and an easy transition for you all. You guys have made my heart swell with so much joy to know that their is still wonderful people in this world like you guys. We will be in Alabama in July. Love you guys and hope to see you all then. :O)

Kay said...

kay...
Hi all!!! The kids are beautiful!!! Hope you have a safe trip back to Sweet Home Alabama!!! I know Grant is so happy he now has a brother and a sister!!! Love to all!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see these pictures actually on your blog...meaning that it's for real now! Thankful to have seen you if even for only 5 minutes before you headed back to Alabama... I think I need a calendar, too, to count down the days until you're all together. And praying that you will ALL be able to fly back as one BIG family (knowing how much Grant wants to be there when they officially are released from orphanage care).

You guys are such a special family and we thank God that we were able to connect while you were here. You know that you're ALWAYS welcome back here!

Erica said...

Your children are precious! Congratulations on your newest family members!

Anonymous said...

Mel-Cannot wait to see you ALL....God is faithful!
I also cannot wait to go shopping for little Anna...She looks like a size 8....Maddy's size. WE miss you all...Tell Grantasourous we love him...melissa t.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me Anna and Vitali's birthday?